Art Center of Battle Creek.
Art Center's Mission: To engage people of all ages and backgrounds in art and culture for education, enrichment and fun.
Art for the Family,
Generation to Generation
The Art Center
of Battle Creek opened it's doors in 1948. This year we celebrate 61 years
devoted to providing the community with arts and culture!
Since its founding,
the mission of the Art Center of Battle Creek has been to present high quality
programs in the visual arts for the enrichment, education and enjoyment of
the citizens of Battle Creek, Michigan and beyond.
Center, a non-profit organization is the primary visual arts organization
for a service area of some 140,000. It takes seriously its responsibility
to serve a diverse constituency and employs a variety of means by which to
EXHIBITIONS & EVENTS
Each year the Art Center exhibits 10 to 12 shows
that highlight diverse subjects from traditional arts to contemporary visual
art. Included in the annual schedule is the Michigan Artist Competition exhibition
to showcase talented artists from our state. Also annually presented is Class
Act, both Elementary and Secondary, which gives local school age art students
the opportunity to see their work in a museum setting.
interactive area is included with each of the Art Center's exhibitions. This
space provides an environment for children to respond to the current exhibit
using art supplies and projects with simple instructions provided by the
Our volunteers help with the Gift Shop, special events, receptions, and administrative duties. Volunteers may also receive training to become docents (gallery guides).
The Art Center receives funding from many sources including grants from various foundations, individuals and the United Arts Council.
Join Us! A membership to the Art Center of Battle Creek is your ticket to creativity, exciting events, and exclusive
benefits. We need your help to continually open the door each day to new and rewarding discoveries in the world of art in our community. Our members are our strength!
Support the Art Center of Battle Creek and enjoy exclusive
*free admission to the Art Center
*exclusive members only events
*reduced class and event fees
*early registration for classes
*10% off all Gift Gallery purchases
*first notice of all exhibitions and special events
*newsletter and calendar mailings
*open studio access
Our corporate partners benefit from recognition for
contributing to the community through their support of the Art Center receiving acknowledgement in a full year of program books, as well as an array of other benefits.
For more information on how to support the ACBC, please contact Linda at 269-962-9511
SEE BELOW FOR ONLINE & DOWNLOADABLE MEMBERSHIP FORMS
Annual Membership dues:
Student Membership: $25
(Students 18 or younger only)
Basic Individual Membership: $50
- One student membership card
- All mailings of classes and events
- Discounts on classes
Family Membership: $75
- One individual membership card
- Discounts on classes and selected programs
- 10% discount on purchases from the gift shop
- Receive Art Center mailings, invitations, newsletter, class schedules, etc.
All benefits of the Individual plus:
Friends of the Art Center Membership: $150
- Second membership card
- Family members living in the house are included in all benefits
All benefits of the Family plus:
Patron Membership: $500
- One reciprocal membership good for free admission to the Detroit Institute of Arts, Dennos Museum at NW Michigan College (Traverse City), Flint Institute of Arts, Grand Rapids Art Museum, Kalamazoo Institute of Art, Krasl Art Center (St. Joseph), Kresge Art Museum at MSU (East Lansing), Muskegon Museum of Art, Saginaw Art Museum, and University of Michigan Museum of Art (Ann Arbor)
- A private reception or event for Friends of the Art Center only
All benefits of the Friends plus:
Benefactor Membership: $1,250
- Name on plaque as part of a permanent installation at the Art Center
- Sponsor of an educational program like Art Goes to School, ARTISTE, etc.
All benefits of the Patron plus:
Directors Circle/Corporate Membership: $2,500
- Named sponsor of an event like Art Fair, HollyMart, Tea and Treasures, etc. in mailings, publications and signage.
- One time use of the Art Center facility for free
All benefits of the Benefactor plus:
- Major sponsor of an event or major exhibition
- Logo and name will be included in all mailings, publications and signage
Download membership form: Word | PDF
Purchase membership online here: