Star Wars: In a Galaxy Far Far Away
September 3 - October 26
Star Wars: In a Gallery Far Far Away will open September 3, 2013 and continue through October 26.
Come visit the galleries of the Art Center and see how the Star Wars movies have made a significant impact on the modern film and special effects industry as well as the toy industry and American popular culture. Included in the exhibit will be art work and movie memorabilia covering the six movies released between 1977 and 2005 and other related areas. Items in the exhibit are on loan from six private collectors.
Events related to the exhibit include:
- Sunday, September 8: a free opening reception from 2-4 pm.
- Saturday, September 28: Darth Vader will arrive at the Art Center to inspect the Death Star. He will be accompanied by members of the 50st Great Lakes Garrison of Storm Troopers and the Rebel Legion. The Art Center will have special hours on this Saturday—will be open from 10 am to 5 pm. The special visitors will be at the Art Center from 11 am to 3 pm. There will be free admission on this special Saturday.
- A Cantina event is also planned during the month of October—watch for updates.
- $ 5.00 per person
- Free to: children 12 and under, all active military and their families and members of the Art Center of Battle Creek
- Free reception on September 8 and all day on Saturday, September 28
- The Art Center is a completely accessible building to all.
- Tuesday through Friday from 10 am to 5 pm
- Saturdays from 11 am to 3 pm
- Special Saturday—September 28—open from 10 am to 5 pm
us on Facebook! Follow
us on Twitter!
Want more information about the Art Center and
class schedule? Sign Up for our email list!